Surnames

Please post the Surnames you are researching here.

Click on the Surname Registration link just above and then on "NEWTOPIC" when the next webpage opens.

It would be helpful if you would include the surnames in the "Subject" as well as the body of the message.

Don't forget to check the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get an email when someone responds to your posting !

Surnames

Postby Lori » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 am

Mautz, Metzger, Stickdorn, Noce and Folk
Lori

Re: Surnames

Postby hgreely » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:24 pm

I am mainly searching for Greely (sometimes spelled Greeley) and Sanders (sometimes spelled Saunders). I am a descendant of Edward Greely, born 1862 to Irish immigrants Edward Greely and Mary Griffen Greely. They immigrated during the Famine and moved to Perry County from the Philadelphia area in about 1855. Both died in the late 1860s. Perry County also was home during this period to Martin Greely, Owen Greely, Anne Greely (married James McGirr), and Bridget Greely (married John McCue). I believe they were all sibs but I have no confirmation for this and would love to get some.

I am also searching for more information on the family of Edward Greely's wife, Louisa Sanders, born 1861 in Tennessee. (Her father was working on the Mobile and Ohio Railroad, which was being finished at that time.) She was the daughter of John Sanders, one of several Perry County children of another John Sanders and a long-lived Mary Fealty Sanders. There were a lot of Fealtys in Perry County at the time and I'm interested in all of them.

More broadly, I'm interested in general information about the Irish Catholic community in Perry County from its inception until about 1900. I figure most of those folks are, one way or another, my relatives.
hgreely

Return to Surname Registration